From: xconq7-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:xconq7-owner@sources.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Jim Kingdon
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 11:02 PM
To: mcdonald@phy.cmich.edu
Cc: xconq7@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: RFC: Increment and Decrement (was Re: GDL Notice:
ArithmeticOperators / Quasi-Formulae)

> As it turns out, my concern was somewhat justified, after I made the
> horrific discovery this evening that I had broken negative number
> tokenization a few days ago. I have now fixed this, _but it shows that

> even the simplest hacks can produce big bugs.

That's what you get for not writing any tests :-).

Unlike many parts of xconq, writing autotest-style tests for GDL parsing
is really easy.

I suppose if I feel like writing some xconq tests, I could start with
these, rather than proceeding directly to the nastier, harder to test
things like "make sure the AI knows how to use a transport".