Re: Newest code crashes Tcl/Tk

>> Since you are using the CVS sources, perhaps you could make a couple of
>> checkouts with different dates, to verify that this change is responsible?
>> If that is the case, a checkout with -D 2004-06-20 should work while -D
>> 2004-06-21 should freeze (note that the dates in the ChangeLog do not
>> always agree with the checkout dates).
>
>Going backwards, the 6/12 (not 6/21) build seems to work fine, and
>anything after can lock up the machine while clicking on the world map to
>zoom to new locations.  This includes after the game is quit but you may
>continue to look around.

Thanks! Is that the -D 2004-06-12 checkout, that is the one that contains
entries from 6/11 but not 6/12? In that case, I am surprised. Most of the
code that was checked in on 6/12 were fixes to the Mac interface or to the
Windows app, neither of which could explain your problem.

What remains are two things. One is Eric's fix to change_unit_type, which
is unlikely to be the cause of the freezes. The other is the following
changes relating to acp-independent units:

	Fix update_unit_display buzzing for acp-independent units
	that were waiting for a build task.
	* plan.c (set_waiting_for_tasks): Return without calling
	update_unit_display if the flag already is set.

	Fix so that acp-independent building may resume in the same
	turn if we change the build task and thus may have enough
	material to build on the new unit type.
	* task.c (set_build_task): Call set_unit_buildingdone to reset
	the buildingdone flag to FALSE.
	(push_build_task): Call set_unit_buildingdone to reset the
	buildingdone flag to FALSE.
	(resume_build_task): Call set_unit_buildingdone to reset the
	buildingdone flag to FALSE.

Does the game where you see freezes have any acp-independent units?