Re: Combat result tracking?

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Elijah Meeks wrote:

> No no no!  Hans is only allowed to work on the SDL
> interface.  Down with Tcl/Tk!!!

I agree with the "down with Tcl/Tk". I have pretty much made up my
mind that I am not going to bother becoming proficient enough in
Tcl/Tk to improve that interface. I like learning new languages
and everything, but__ I really feel that Tkconq is not worth the
hassle. I plan on digging into SDL once 7.5 has been released.

> I've achieved a minor victory, by the way, thanks to
> your new wreck-typing table, Eric.  You had to
> initialize units in order when you used the unit
> property (wreck-type), now I don't, so all the
> buildable units show up at the top of the Tcl/Tk list.

That's good. It was kinda annoying having to scroll all over the
place to pick out units.
Another way to achieve the same effect is not to set an unit's
wrecked type when you first define it.
If you do something like:
  (add utype-1 wrecked-type utype-2)
after all of the unit types have been defined.