Weird fuel behavior

I've just noticed this in the last few days, while I've been playing a very
long Modern game (latest WinTCL from CVS).  When it is time to move a bomber
in mid-flight, I often find that it has fuel 30/30, even though it has been
out from base for at least a turn.  Also, just now I moved an infantry which
was down to 1/6 fuel; the next turn it had 2/6 (and no other units were
nearby to transfer fuel).

One other thing about the modern game.  I find that mines repeatedly
disappear, so I have to keep re-laying them again and again with an engineer
or mine ship.  And no, no enemy units are bumping into them.

R.