Re: More flexible unit image use

>> 2. The second change is that it is now possible to
>> define a list of images
>> that should be used for a particular unit type. The
>> game will then pick an
>> image at random from that list each time a new unit
>> is created. Thus, to
>> use more town images in the Intro game, add this
>> line:
>

>That's amazing.  I'll be checking in the new version
>of Specula, called Opal (The old name sounds too much
>like a medical contraption), in a few days.  Along
>with Opal (And what I've been spending much of my time
>on lately) will be the Angband set of graphics from
>molotov.nu.  Take a look, there's hundreds of them:
>
>http://www.molotov.nu/?page=graphics

Very nice. The more images the better. But we must do something about the
image loading system soon. It's getting overloaded :-).

>It's taking a while to reformat the gifs and write the
>imf, but when I'm done, there'll be quite a bit of new
>images for any Xconq fantasy games.  I never thought,
>though, that I'd get a chance to show so many in Opal.
>
>And, just to show that I'm never satisfied, is there
>any way to set side-specific unit images?

Not yet. You still have to use side-specific unit types: e.g. russian-tanks
and german-tanks, for this. Unless, of course, you set the images
individually for all the units.