Re: Major Game Upgrade + New Images: Specula is now Opal 2.0

Hans Ronne wrote:

Note to game designers:
Elijah has also been industriously working on importing a grpahical
image set for Angband into Xconq recently. I have checked in the first
part of his endeavors. The available images are listed in
'lib/angband.imf'; I have refrained from adding the images to the
'lib/imf.dir', since the problems with Imfapp have not yet been sorted out.

I will check an improved IMFApp soon, that works better on all platforms.

Good.

But I am not sure that we should continue to keep all images in one imf.dir
even if IMFApp can handle it. The only point of having it is that you don't
need to include the relevant *.imf files in the game file,

Right. And that is quite convenient, wouldn't you agree? Why get rid of it?

but many game
files do that anyway.

This comes at the expense of having to rummage through each ".imf" file separately. Having a catalog of all images in one location (which can be browsed with Imfapp) is more useful, IMO.