Re: [xconq] My hacked up copy of time.g

>I tried to send my current working copy of time.g, but it was blocked.

Perhaps it ended in .zip. I think those files are filtered out as possible
viruses. Posting of files to the lists is discouraged by RedHat, but not
yet banned, I think.

>The file complains about the terran, but it does come out about right for me.

I assume you mean terrain. Adding new terrain images to a game can be a
little tricky.

>I play at level-1, Slow Progress against three mplayers all at level-5 and
>the independents also at level-5 running iplayer.  (Why doesn't a saved
>game remember the independents player?)

It should. However, indepside has its own read and write code for
historical reasons, so this may well be a bug. I will look into it.

>Two boats full of horses or one transport full of tanks or one loaded UFO
>can really flip an industrial area.
>
>My basic changes were to the terran generation, map size, blimp ammo,
>extended production of cav and inf and some fiddling with the combat
>tables.
>
>I'm thinking about allowing cannon to stick around as long as inf with
>fewer HPs but ranged fire and the power of AA batteries.

If you feel ready for a greater challenge, there is the possibility of
writing an entirely new historical era. See the design notes for some ideas
that the original game writers had, but never implemented.