Re: Improved IMFApp

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Hans Ronne wrote:

> subimages of different sizes) obviously take a long time to load. More
> surprisingly, the pg images take a humongous time to load, but only under
> Windows.
>I wonder why.

Yes, I noticed this and also wondered about it.
I don't have any thoughts on why it might this way, unless the
GIF-to-pixel-array routine is platform-dependent for some odd
reason.

> Yes. There is definitely room for improvements also in the menu layout.
> What is called "foreground color" is actually the background color of the
> closeups and in the grid mode.

I noticed that.

>And some menu options (" as unit" etc) do
> nothing. I'm not even sure what Stan intended to do with these. The
> corresponding tcl procedures were just empty shells.

Maybe we can cast a "Summon Stan" and find out. The thread length
is probably not quite long enough to attract his interest yet, but
after a few more replies it might be. :-)

> P.S. The "Selected as Terrain" option does nothing under Windows, but this
> is because tiled drawing doesn't work at all on that platform.

Right. I haven't forgotten that I was looking into that. I just
got distracted with other things more recently.