Major bug - progress report

>1. Getting rid of unit pointers in the task code. I have looked into the
>possibility of feeding unit views instead of units to the attack and
>fire-at actions, as suggested by Stan, and I think it can be done. Most of
>the problems are related to interface callbacks that ask for real units,
>but I think they can be fixed with a reasonable amount of work.

This was a rather optimistic statement. In fact, the unit pointers go all
the way up to the interface code (via advance_into_cell). I'm purging the
tcltk interface of them right now, and had to add a bunch of x_unit_view_
functions in the process. I haven't even started with the other interfaces.

There are also cases where action code that already is dealing with real
units calls do_fire_at_action. Not sure what to do about that yet. Perhaps
clone the function.

So this may take a while, and will probably affect every kernel and
interface file in the end. But I think it had to be done. And it is only
now, when we have the improved, more unit-like unit views that it could
have been done.