Re: The selective fire-at command

>I think that when I was working on the Dec 29 fix, I wanted to fix
>this as well, but wasn't sure how to go about it because I didn't
>know the Tcl/Tk interface code all that well. In retrospect, I
>should have looked at the attack code for guidance.

It's not your fault that the command doesn't work. As I said, the previous
version didn't work either, as far as I can tell from the CVS sources, and
your December hack was certainly a major improvement with respect to other
problems. The fact that nobody discovered that the command doesn't work for
many years shows that it's a very subtle bug (or a seldomly used command).

I found it paradoxical, though, that those who argued that this is a very
useful command which should be kept at all costs have never been able to
use it, while I, who do have a selective fire-at command on my Mac don't
find it particularly useful :-).