Re: Major bug and what to do about it (long)

>So I think this particular problem would be best
>solved with new indirect-fire-hit-chance and
>indirect-hit-chance tables.

I've been thinking along the same lines. Perhaps we should have a selected
unit hit-chance bonus table (uu_precision) that increases the probability
of hitting a selected unit, as opposed to any unit. Precision is an
important difference between different weapons. In contrast, the
probability of hitting something at random should be the same, unless you
have units with a spread-fire action, as already discussed.

Another aspect of this whole problem is the difference (or not) between how
visible and invisible units are treated. I think it might make sense for
invisible units to have a reduced hit-chance in all kinds of actions.
Presumably, the unit doing the actual attack will try to hit things it can
see first also during an overrun. So a table uu_unseen_protected might be
called for.