Re: Three thoughts

>* If firing at specific units were to be a big part of some game, then it
>would be nice if it were easier to designate specific units when there are
>many of them, or nested occupant/transports, in a cell.  As it is, even at
>the deepest level of zoom it's quite difficult to click precisely on one
>unit if there are a lot of them in the cell.

Firing at selected units is impossible unless you are using the Mac
interface. See my post "The selective fire-at command". Fixing the tcltk
interface so that you can do selective fire-at is on my todo list. It has
never been possible to target occupants directly in Xconq, though I believe
I suggested earlier this year that we should consider making it possible.
As for selecting units in general, I never had any problems at the highest
zoom level. What game are you playing, and how many units are there in the
cell?

>* In the current TCL/TK interface (well, current as of my last CVS
>update), connection terrain is sometimes not drawn when at the highest
>zoom level unless "grid" is turned on.

I'll look into this when I have time. Graphics at the highest zoom level is
not fully developed in any of the interfaces, so there are various glitches.

>getting a scroll that I didn't want.  Making the auto-scroll user-settable
>would be okay, I suppose, but I'd keep the setting turned off all the time
>myself.  Why can't we have scroll bars like everybody else?

Maybe you should get a Mac :-). Not only does it have selective fire-at,
but this other feature that you are asking for (scrollbars that you can
turn on or off) is also available in the Mac interface. Not that I ever use
them. A better alternative to scrollbars is scrolling of the map using the
arrow keys. I ported that feature from the Mac interface to the tcltk
interface some time ago. If you use Windows, you can also scroll diagonally
by using numbers 1-9 on the numeric keypad. For some reason, I couldn't get
the numeric keypad to work properly under Linux, though.