Re: CXP???

Elijah Meeks wrote:
I have yet to see a unit gain experience from a
fire-action, except in cases where the unit it's
firing on is adjacent.

It would seem that someone was a bit sloppy with the code, and "recycled" the 'chance' variable for determining retreat chance, after using it for hit chance. So, if the defender's retreat chance is 0% (the default), then no combat experience is gained. This is a bug by any other name. I will fix it in my sources. Until you have a new Xconq release to play with, I would recommend that you set the 'retreat-chance' to 1% for all units (unless you wish them have a higher retreat chance for other reasons); this weird hack should allow for combat experience to be gained.

I think, barring seperate tables for cxp-per-attack,
cxp-per-hit, cxp-per-defend, cxp-per-capture and
cxp-per destruction, I say keep it all as cxp for each
attack and keep it two-way.  You should get experience
for surviving certain attacks but, of course, it would
seem more realistic if you were able to tailor them.

This is what I was getting at. However, I plan on leaving things the way they are for the time being.