Re: Feature Request: Advance Prohibits Advance

> This would make it possible for a side to focus on
> one line of advances
> or another, or to generalize and gain both at a
> slower rate.  It would
> also allow a side to focus on one line while picking
> up an occasional
> advance on the other line of research (thus
> allowing, for example, a
> wizard to quickly end a battle with another wizard
> by pulling out a
> handgun and shooting him).

Points for referencing the weirdest cartoon of the
last half-century.  Do you plan on creating
rocknrule.g after that?

The problem here is when the AI decides to research
Arcane Focus and then wastes it's points researching
overly expensive Technology rather than the more
efficient Magic.  I overcame this problem in Opal
(Where the AI would research every magic type rather
than, as I'd hoped, just one or two) by manually
shutting off all but two 'Schools of Magic'.
Otherwise, it shows remarkably poor choice in its
research selections.  That's why I'd like firm a
shut-off like advance-prohibits-advance.