Possible bug in side_can_research

When I re-wrote ai_plan_research, I had assumed that the
side_can_research function would return false for advances that have
already been researched.  However, having run advances.g several times
under AI control, I've found that the AI will frequently select an
advance that it already has discovered.  And I have not found any logic
errors in the new ai_plan_research function.*

Would it be reasonable to modify side_can_research so that it returns
false for advances that the side already has?  Or would it be better to
place the necessary code in ai_plan_research instead?

* This is not to imply that no logic errors exist in the new version,
just that if they do exist, they are currently undiscovered.

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln@sbcglobal.net>

BOFH excuse #251:

Processes running slowly due to weak power supply