Re: New Windows Installer

Elijah Meeks wrote:

I just found a serious bug in the advance picking
code. I would suggest that Opal not be played against AI opponents until I
fix it. So much for all the testing I did....

That sounds serious, what happened?  (I mean, I didn't
think I put in support for thermonuclear war, yet)

I accidentally was scrubbing an array to -1 only out to 'nummtypes', the number of materials, instead of 'numatypes', the number of advances. (For some reason, I had materials on my brain when I was working in the research improvements yesterday.) Thus, if there are more advances than materials, as is true in Opal, then part of the array was initialized to -1 as it should have been, but part of it was other values. This had a profound impact on the research decisions. In the case of Opal, this was essentially causing automatic research to fail.

I'm about to check to see what impact the bugfix will have on the Advances game.