Re: Morale and opinions

Lincoln Peters wrote:

I've been studying the documentation for morale and opinions, and based
on the documentation, both features appear to be incomplete.  In the
case of morale, I can find tables to control how it rises and falls
based on various situations, but I can't find a way to actually make
morale affect a unit!  In the case of opinions, I can find a mechanism
to make a unit revolt if its opinion of its own side drops too low, but
I can't find a way to make those opinions change from their starting
points during the game!

All half-thought-through. The concept is that morale and opinion are
two different axes (low morale but high opinion runs away but remains
loyal, high morale but low opinion is going to rebel and be dangerous
subsequently), but useful parametrization was hard, very many different
things that one might want to affect. To make progress, you'd probably
want to pick a simplified situation that is interesting for a real game,
make that work first.