Re: First Impressions

D. Cooper Stevenson wrote:

I bring good news: I've mastered pulling down data from the USGS and
creating workable GIS maps. I've posted a screenshot of my efforts so
far here:

http://wiki.xconqgis.org/images/xconq_gis_query.png

Looks like a good start.

But, as a note, as much as I like the PNG format myself, after you "hexellate" the map and harvest the individual terrain images, they will need to be in GIF or IMF data format, as those are the only two formats that Xconq presently supports. (It would be nice to use things like libjpeg, libtiff, and whatnot to extend the support. Someday....)

It is worthy of note to recall that this is 100 per cent GIS data, no
artistry, no, "slight of hand." It's the "real deal" and it opens up
huge possibilities.

Yes.