Re: Terrain images proposal

mskala@ansuz.sooke.bc.ca wrote:

Whichever one the designer specified last - just like properties and table
entries.

That's probably fine.

The idea is that the cell
only *has* one image;

Well sure. I don't think either of us would dispute that.

But, I had thought that you were suggesting that whole rectangles (spanning multiple cells) simply be embedded into the map at given coordinates. Based on your response, I think this is not what you actually had in mind....

What I had in mind was that you specify a roughly rectangular region of
cells (yes, it'll have wiggly borders because it's made up of hexes) so
that each one of them is clipped from the image in much the way hexes are
already clipped from images.

Right. I figured that this is what you meant from your previous response. This is reasonable; I see no real issues with it.

The region
stops hard at the hex boundaries, though.

I think this is the only part of your proposal that I was initially unclear about.