Re: Transports that affect protection?

mskala@ansuz.sooke.bc.ca wrote:
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Eric McDonald wrote:

As I recall, there is already a property out there which affects an occupant's height (for the purpose of vision). Perhaps this could be commandeered for some sort of attack modification as well. Just a thought....

What if you made the siege tower the attacker, modified by the knights in
it, instead of the knights the attackers modified by the siege
tower?  Having the siege tower be the attacker may be less intuitive, but
it might fit more easily into the existing capabilities of XConq.

If you can tell us which tables could be utilized to do that (with model 0 combat; it seems to be possible with model 1 combat), I am sure that anyone who is interested in item units would be thrilled. From my vantage point, I cannot see how it could be done with current tools. That is why I proposed the 'occupant-adds-hit-chance', 'occupant-adds-damage', etc... tables a while back ago when we were on the subject of item units. I would love to be proven wrong on this, because it means less work further down the road.

The only way that I see to do something like this with existing tables would be to make the siege tower ACP-less by default, and then have its occupants add ACP to it. Even though I added this feature a while back ago, it is not perfect in that, currently, you must wait until the next turn for the new ACP value to take effect. More modifications to the kernel scheduler and related code are required before the ACP mod will be able to take effect in the same turn.

Or, see if the relevant tables work in combat model 1.