Re: Map-related deja-vu

mskala@ansuz.sooke.bc.ca wrote:

Is this a problem?  If so, we could easily put in a better seeding rule
and/or a better random number generator.

As I recall from looking at the 'util.c' code once upon a time, Xconq uses a simple LCRNG. If we wanted something with a much longer cycle length, we could go for a Mersenne Twister or some such. Of course, that would not be suitable for cryptographic work, but neither is the current one.

But, better seeding would probably be a good first step.