GIS Update

All,

Quick Take:

During the game, you might see something like this (review):

  http://wiki.xconqgis.org/index.php?WhatGisImageMightLookLike

The world size is the same as Normandy's, 186x159. I've recalibrated the
image's resolution to match. The computer "sees" this:

  http://wiki.xconqgis.org/images/grass2xconq/seattle_lowres_large.jpg

How about that?

Now, this is really important. Note that these are images not of _elevation_
data; it's actual _landcover_ data! The landcover data translates directly
into terrain types. Note too that exporting GIS elevation data is trivial.
Very nice!

I did a spot check and found that the ascii export and the low res image seem
to coincide. I'll know for sure when I'm finished with the conversion script.

The best news is that the entire process is capable of automation. This has
the potential for real-time rendering wherever the tacticians wish to fight
(or run).

I hope to have 3D renderings soon. Just for fun, here's an image created with
GIS data similar to the elevation data I'm using:

  http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/jpegMod/PIA06668_modest.jpg

What are your orders, commander?

-Coop