Re: SDL Interface Development

There are only two worries I'd have with this move,
both of which are posed, I acknowledge, from a
position of relative ignorance:

1.  We'll lose all the work done in SDL, right?  It
seems that ParaGUI is less work than writing
everything from scratch, so maybe this isn't too big a
deal.

2.  Forcing the average user to load a bunch of
external programs.  It took me awhile to get
comfortable with open-source software, coming from a
Win32 background.  Loading TCL/TK, in the case of
XConq, or GTK in the case of Gimp, while pretty
standard fare for a Linux user, is very intimidating
for someone used to loading a single piece of software
to run on Windows.  So if it can all be packaged as a
single install and be relatively seemless, this isn't
a big deal, but otherwise, it'll be an added hurdle
for an audience that is notable hurdle-adverse.