GIS Update [Was: Re: Progress with ParaGUI]

On Monday 08 November 2004 03:03, Eric McDonald wrote:
> There is going to be a delay. I just had a rather serious mishap with
> the uninstaller. Don't ask.

That's the worst! :)

Hopefully, I can take out a little of the sting by letting you know that I've
made good progress with the GIS -> Xconq import scipt.

Here's the original landcover image I'm working with (review again):

  http://wiki.xconqgis.org/images/grass_tutorial/screen12.jpg

Here's what I have currently in Xconq:

  http://wiki.xconqgis.org/images/gis_to_xconq.jpg

You can discern the similarities. Everything looks shifted to the right and
leaning as Xconq uses the Cartesian oblique coordinate system; I must
translate the ascii source file before I write the Xconq terrain file.

It's important to note that the Xconq map was automatically created
exclusively with my script.  I speculate that I may someday have a "map
making" web interface. You should be able to simply enter the lat/long of
your desired map along with the desired grid size and get the Xconq terrain
map and image out.

Kind of like an Xconq map vending machine.

Documentation/script here (edit the page text to have the script display
correctly):

  http://wiki.xconqgis.org/admin.php?CreatingTerrainScript

-Coop