Re: [Xconq-general] Xconq Ranking at Sourceforge

lördag 04 december 2004 01.40 skrev Eric McDonald:
> To quote Sourceforge docs:
>
> "The current project rankings formula is as follows:
>
> log (3 * # of forum posts for that week) + log (4 * # of tasks ftw) +
> log (3 * # bugs ftw) + log (10 * patches ftw) + log (5 * tracker items
> ftw) + log (# commits to CVS ftw) + log (5 * # file releases ftw) + log
> (.3 * # downloads ftw)"
>
> As you can see, downloads are dropped to 3/10 of their value, but
> tracker items are multiplied by 5 and patches by 10. Since logs
> (presumably base-10) are being taken, an order of magnitude will only
> vary by 1. If Bochs' downloads are 100 times more than ours, their score
> only gains 2 over ours. By contrast, we had 3 patches in the past week,
> and 3*10 = 30, so our score gained 1.x for that. Plus, we had 3 new
> tasks, so our score gained 1.y for that. So, with those two terms alone
> we could hypothetically close the gap.

When I saw that formula  it was obvious to me that it does not weight the
data. Since I found that strange I searched for the documentation. And it
says: "We are aware that the current formula does not actually weight the
data aggregated for rankings (the formula was misdesigned and has not yet
been replaced)."

[http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=14040&group_id=1]