Re: Isometric Terrain

Elijah Meeks wrote:

Is there any support for elevation and making certain
hexes higher than others?

It works fine with the Advances game.

What image does it call for iso terrain?  In Opal, it
defaults to the base color and I'd like to fix this.

With the Tcl/Tk interface, the code seems to be finding an image which has a height that is about 75% of the width. This corresponds well to 'stdt13x9i.gif' and 'stdt48x33i.gif', both are somewhat less than 3/4 but greater than 2/3 of the width, and so when Xconq is drawing in isometric mode, it will look up those images (see 'terrain.imf' for details).

However, I would caution you from going down that route, as Matthew is proposing to generate everything (including isometric views) from a single overhead image. So, your work could end up being all for naught.