Re: GIS and navigable rivers

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 12:32 -0500, mskala@ansuz.sooke.bc.ca wrote:
> There's some discussion of the navigable-rivers issue in the designer's
> manual; if you make them borders so that they can impede land movement,
> then it's tricky for ships to travel along them, and if you make them
> connections so that ships can travel along them, they won't impede land
> movement.  The documentation suggests making a chain of alternating lake
> hexes and river borders, and using the special "border slide" movement
> mode.

The more I think about this, the more I think that the solution would be
to make mp-to-leave-terrain work for connections, so that one can cause
a unit to spend one or two extra MP's to leave a cell with a certain
type of connection, preferably without penalizing them if they simply
traverse the connection (unless mp-to-traverse is used for that purpose)
or cross it by means of another connection (i.e. a bridge).

I'll add this to the feature request tracker on SourceForge as soon as I
get a chance.

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln@sbcglobal.net>

BOFH excuse #134:

because of network lag due to too many people playing deathmatch