RE: Printing XML + XSLT (2nd try)

>     Imagine a bill, or an order form, with many columns and
> more than a page. If I transform that into HTML, when the user prints
maybe the
> result don't fit the paper, and what about with many pages and I want to
put
> parcial totals at the bottom of every page. Can you see the problem?

I'd be inclined to use XSLT to massage the data into a format that a
report-writing package will accept, and then use the report-writer to create
the HTML. Unfortunately there are lots of things that report writers have
done for 30 years that XSLT can't do yet, and printing running totals at the
bottom of each page is one of them. I'm not an expert on XSL Formatting
Objects, but I don't see any evidence that that spec is tackling the problem
either. XSL comes from the document handling tradition and not the data
processing tradition.

Mike Kay