XSL and IE5

Thank you everyone who helped me with some XSL code a while ago.
I have a piece of XSL code that works well for generating HTML code in
eXcelon Stylus, but it doesn't work for IE5. I know that there's a
difference between standard XSL and XSL used for IE5, but I have no idea
(yet) what the differences are.
Does anyone know what the XSL for IE5 for the following code should be?

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:template match="folio">
<xsl:for-each select="column">
[
manuscript: <xsl:value-of select="ancestor::manuscript/@msname"/>,
folio: <xsl:value-of select="../@number"/>,
column: <xsl:value-of select="@colnumber"/>
]
<xsl:for-each select="line">
[<xsl:value-of select="@linenumber"/>] <xsl:value-of select="."/>
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

The result I get in IE5 with the code above is:

[manuscript:, folio:, column:,]
[ ]

i.e. the attribute values and the line itself are not displayed. What am I
doing wrong here?

Mick