Re: XML hierarchy

At 01:39 PM 2/9/2000 +0100, Jany Quintard wrote:
>...I want to build a string
>containing the herarchical situation of an element : in plain english, for
>a division, I want to build the chapter number of this division, as in :
>
>1. Chapter
>1.1 Subchapter
>1.2 Subchapter
>1.2.1 AndSoOn

This looks to me an awful lot like Ken Holman's Showtree stylesheet. It's at:
      http://www.cranesoftwrights.com/resources/showtree/index.htm
Versions available for both "official" XSLT and
the-language-known-as-XSL-built-into-IE5. Will probably require some
tweaking if you don't want to see labels like "Element" on your
chapter/subchapter headings.

John E. Simpson
simpson@polaris.net