Re:

> .. to produce a pdf document containing a table with 15 columns. As this is too wide for a > page, both the column headings and column contents are required to wrap onto the next line.
> Is there any way I can do this using FO tables and FOP ??? Thanks

I don't think that this is possible with the current FOP implementation.
Table rows are splitted to the next page, but columns have to be on the
same page. "Word wrap" works but everything is rendered on one/the
current page.

You could post your question to the fop-dev list on xml.apache.org.
Currently I don't know of anybody working on this.

Stephan Albers