Uppercase

Hi,

I am trying to do a list of all the keywords that are mentioned
in papers, like XML, xsl, XSQL  And I have
a problem when I want to do a dinamic shortcuts for
the keywords.  I mean I want to put at the top
all the different initials and a link to the
place in the page where they are.

The problem is with lowercase and uppercase.
As I am comparing the initial of one keyword
and the following one, when it is X and x it
return as different initials and it outputs it,
when in fact they are the same.  So I get a shortcut
like:

   23aAabBcCc....

Any suggestions to get only 2 3 A B C (but dinamically,
I mean no put a initial that haven't got any keyword).

I hope I could explain myself.  Thank you.

  Marta Lobato.