Re: Entities

> XSLT is XML, so you get the XML entities for free.  to
> generate an entity reference in yr output doc, do
>
>   &

er no. That'll generate  & and    unless you turn on
disable-output-encoding (not normally a good idea)

>  i need to
> pass through   (and other entity references)
> unmodified, but i'm having problems.

There is _no_ way to do that. It is possible to have an output type
(eg th ehtml one) that outputs character 160 as   but it will
do that however the character was entered, as character data, as an
entity reference, or as a numeric character reference. The XML parser
will have normalised all these to character data _before_ XSL even gets
started. (This is discussed at some length in the faq I believe)

David