Re: Example of rendering XML + CSS

> I've heard that you can render XML files in any browser with only
> CSS. It's that true?, if so, I have some questions:
Partly.  It is dependent at least on browser support for CSS, which
varies.

> o It means that you don't need an XSL parser?
True, if CSS is adequate for your needs.

> o It has the same power than XSL-T?
Nowhere near; it may be adequate for many XML inputs, though, especially
if you have the freedom to tailor your XML for easy CSS display.  You
can declare tags as block, inline, table, table-row, table-cell, list
and other types.  You can specify borders, margins, spacing.  You can
add literals before or after the content of tags.  And more, of course.

I think I probably do not need to extol the many and wonderful virtues
of XSLT in this forum.

> o What about client Javascript, you can, then, modify the DOM of the
> XML?
I suppose so, but I haven't done this.

> o Does anybody have examples (or links to examples) about XML & CSS?
Go to http://www.mozilla.org and download M13 or one of the nightly
builds, then use it to go to
http://zvon.vscht.cz/ZvonHTML/Zvon/zvonTutorials_en.html and check out
the CSS and CSS2 tutorials.