Re: Crazy idea: loopback namespace

Another way to implement the loopback scheme would be to use multiple output
documents.  You could mark one of these are being for loopback purposes. In
this case the output document would be kept internally by the XSL processor
in tree form allowing efficient access with the document() function.

With my original loopback namespace idea I had forgotten about the problem
of context in the source tree. Creating dynamic, intermediate documents
fixes the context problem.

Loopback was an attempt at a solution for: 3) No ability to generate
intermediate XML and apply style rules to it.

Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@mediaone.net