Re: using HTML editors with XSL

At 10:13 AM 3/1/2000 +0200, Aleksandrs Jakovlevs wrote:
>2. Wait for special HTML/XSL editors that will be able to restore HTML
>structure from the XSL and edit HTML template in WYSIWYG mode. (When such
>an editor could appear?)
>3. Find out some other technology (not XSL) that is more applicable for the
>described scenario. (Does anyone know such a technology?)

I'm not 100% sure I understand what your proposed editor would do, but I
wonder if you've looked at Excelon's Stylus?
(http://www.objectdesign.com/products/excelon_stylus.html) I haven't used
it extensively but it's a very interesting product. Three panes: one for
the XML source, one for the XSLT source, and one (read-only) displaying the
XML source as rendered into HTML using the XSLT. They've got their own
"fully-compliant" XSLT processor built in, or you can use the old XSL
processor that comes with IE5 (although why you'd want to, I can't
imagine). As I understand it, the display pane is IE5 (which is bundled
with the editor) -- it displays the HTML result tree from whichever
processor you've chosen.

A 30-day evaluation version can be downloaded. Purchase price is $199.
Specs say that it's for NT or Win2000 only, but I ran it on my creaking
Win95 machine without hitches.

[Disclaimer: I have no connection with the product or the company other
than as someone who once downloaded the product and tried it out.]