RE: FAQ candidate? parsing line-separated text files (was: Re: Off-topic: DOS script for XML directory listing)

Francis,

Clever solution.

I see one problem:
The solution doesn't work if any of the file names
in xmlDir.lst contains an ampersand
(e.g., "Tom & Jerry.doc"), since an external parsed
general entity (e.g., xmlDir.lst) can not contain
an unescaped ampersand.

Perhaps there is a DOS command that is similar to
the Unix sed command; your batch program could then
replace each ampersand in the xmlDir.lst file with "&".
I'm not aware of such a DOS command.

Bob

------
Bob Lyons