Re: XSL Theory

I had this idea about a year ago, and we discussed it some on XSL-List.
The practical answer is, sometimes it can be done. The theory answer is
that, since XSLT is a Turing-complete language (in other words, it attains
a certain maximal level of complexity in things that can be done with it),
the validation turns out to be an instance of the halting problem. I'm
afraid I can't explain it well, since my theory professor, although a
wonderful man, can't teach worth a damn. But the short story is: yes, work
has been done, and no, it can't be done in 100% of cases.

Dan