RE: XSL Theory

> >There is probably a sub-set of XML where the transformations
> should be provable.

> This is just a specific instance of a more general problem: proving
> the correctness of computer programs.

I suspect if you take the problem the other way round, and try to prove
incorrectness, you will make a lot more progress. I would think there are a
large number of cases where, given a schema to which the source document
must conform, and a stylesheet, I can prove quite easily that the result
will NOT always conform to a given result schema. That sounds like a
worthwhile thing to do.

Mike Kay