RE: Microsoft XSL and Conformance

I would add, like someone said earlier, that the extensions are to make
development quicker and easier for the average developer. I have worked with
a lot of new people to XML/XSL and they find understanding some things
difficult. The extensions help them.

If MS have a copliant XSLT implementation and choose to add extensions, *as
long as they explicitly outline these extensions*, then I think it's fine.
And as importantly, the business development community find it helpful.

Anyway, from what I understand, most, if not all, products mentioned on this
list have their own extensions and are any 100% fully compliant?

I'd say once again, it is very important that developers are explicitly told
what is a non standard extension !!

Cheers,
Steven

Author
Pro XML
http://www.wrox.com/Consumer/Store/Details.asp?ISBN=1861003110
Pro Site Server 3, Wrox Press
http://www.wrox.com/Consumer/Store/Details.asp?ISBN=1861002696
Pro Site Server 3.0 Commerce Edition, Wrox Press
http://www.wrox.com/Consumer/Store/Details.asp?ISBN=1861002505

Steven Livingstone
Glasgow, Scotland.
07771 957 280 or +447771957280