From: owner-xsl-list@mulberrytech.com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list@mulberrytech.com]On Behalf Of Jonathan Borden
Sent: 16 March 2000 20:36
To: xsl-list@mulberrytech.com
Subject: Re: Microsoft XSL and Conformance

Steven Livingstone wrote:

> Anyway, from what I understand, most, if not all, products mentioned on
this
> list have their own extensions and are any 100% fully compliant?

    The XSLT extension mechanism is outlined in the spec and an example of
one was provided with James Clark's 11/99 XT implementation ... several of
the implementations have a few nits here and there, what we are talking
about is substantial compliance (modulo bugs) with full compliance as bugs
are reported and fixed.

    In summary, XSLT extensions, provided through the extension mechanism,
do not prevent compliance with http://www.w3.org/tr/xslt .

Jonathan Borden