Re: possible to mimic while-like behavior?

Christopher R. Maden wrote:
> [Carole Mah]
> >Arnold, Mike: if your solutions(s) DO in fact address "do blah
> >until you find the first foo where not bar" let me know -- I don't see
how
> >they might do so.
>
> Thinking words like "while" and "until" will get you into trouble with
> XSLT.  Try to rephrase the question: "do this if it's before the first foo
> where not bar".  For example (I've lost the original question now), let's
> say you have a list of <foo> siblings.  One of them has a bar attribute;
> you only want the <foo>s before the first bar.
>
> <xsl:apply-templates select="foo[following-siblings::*[@bar]]"/>
>
> will only select the <foo>s who have a following sibling with a bar
attribute.

Chris, if you wish to process a string, you will find that the type of
solution provided by Mike Brown is needed. If there existed a
string-function split(string,string) which produced a node-set result, one
could:

<ex @someval="1,2,3,4,5,6,7" />

<xsl:template match="ex">
<xsl:for-each select="split(@someval,',')">