Re: Future XSLT expansion.

From: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@mediaone.net>
> why not: <xsl:apply-templates select="document('data.xml')/mydata" />? I
> would argue that it is 'cleaner' to factor data out of the transform sheet
> itself, but regardless it also avoids the double parse issue.

My stylesheets are data driven. I use xsl:include to bring in a general set
of XML transforms and then I use the static data in the main sheet to
control the behavior of the included generalized XSL. I'd rather have the
static XML in the stylesheet because this is where it conceptually belongs.
It not really 'data' it's more like a higher level stylesheet language than
XSL.

I may split this out into a separate file anyway since document('') is
inefficient because of the double parse. When I initially designed the
system I was unaware of this behavior and I thought I was being efficient by
using data that already was in memory.

Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@mediaone.net