Re: using default params?

> .... I guess what David wants to say is :

er yes. Sorry.

> > if your input attribute had had the same name as the result attribute
> > it is simpler

> >   <xsl:copy-of select="@bgcolor"/>
>
> Only David knows what he wants to say here, because the original
> posting was talking about 3 tables when each table has the 'bgcolor'
> attribute.
> ( BTW  - <xsl:attribute> is also missing here ).

No that was my point, you don't need xsl:attribute if the attribute has
the same name, you can just copy the attribute node. (The point was lost
as I neglected to include xsl:attribute in the previous version, as you
commented. Clearly that isn't directly of use to the problem as posed
but it is a useful technique in many similiar situations,
which was why I said  _if_ your input attribute had had

David