String comparision in XPath

Hi,

I have some elements with a @date attribute in the format "yyyy-mm-dd"
Now, I'd like to write a stylesheet filters away those elements with dates
in the past.

Somehow I managed the server to incorporate the current date into the style
sheet so my attempt was:

"2000-03-30<=@date"

This should give only those elements with date of today or in the future.
Unfortunatly, it filters away _all_ entries. Can't this be done with XPath
or what would be the correct expression?

     Sven Künzler
--
We must admit that looking at progress bars does not qualify as working
           -- Apocalypse Geek