Re: Explain me the expression.

Sateesh:

Check out the XSLT spec, section 4, Expressions:

  "XSLT uses the expression languaged defined by XPath (<link/>)...

   ...An expression must match the XPath production Expr..."

Seems pretty clearly written to me. XPath is the third entry in the
Normative References section. In the XPath spec you will find all the
mysteries unveiled, including ., .., :: etc.

I'm not a techie by training and I find the XSLT and XPath specs quite
clear and intelligible. I wish more newbies would take the trouble to
digest them. Admittedly the data model takes some practice -- and it helps
to have someone to bounce ideas with. Be patient!

Regards,
Wendell