Re: "Translate function"

> Does it work better than saxon?

What sort of question is that:-)

Since the author of each of these packages is on this list, what can I say?

xt was first, because it is written by the editor of the xslt spec.
Saxon is currently more complete (has keys for instance)
I have xt saxon xalan and oracle's xsl system installed (and if i drag
myself out of my desk I can find a machine running some strange
operating system that is apparently required to use msxsl preview
release) I use xt usually, probably because it is less to type.

David