Re: XSL to XSL?

Thanks alot Steve!! AWESOME, in fact.
Yeah, I'm currently using an old version of the Lotus XSL processor
and all my reference books and websites are pretty old as well.
And being not the kind of person, who likes reading the official
standards documentation... I was totally unaware of that command.
Well, here's to upgrading to new processors and trying to find
some more up to date books! :)  Thanks again!

> Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 13:11:15 -0700
> From: "Steve Muench" <smuench@us.oracle.com>
> Subject: Re: XSL to XSL?
>
> Yes.
>
> You can take advantage of the built-in XSLT 1.0
> feature called <xsl:namespace-alias> to do the
> following:
>
> <x:stylesheet xmlns:x="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
>               xmlns:xsl="anything" version="1.0">
> <x:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>
> <x:namespace-alias stylesheet-prefix="xsl" result-prefix="x"/>
> <x:template match="/">
>   <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0">
>     <xsl:template match="/">
>       <xsl:value-of select="foo"/>
>     </xsl:template>
>    </xsl:stylesheet>
> </x:template>
> </x:stylesheet>
>
> This outputs the valid XSLT stylesheet:
>
> <?xml version = '1.0' encoding = 'UTF-8'?>
> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
>    <xsl:template match="/">
>       <xsl:value-of select="foo"/>
>    </xsl:template>
> </xsl:stylesheet>
>
> I tried this with the Oracle XSLT Processor release 2.0.2.7,
> but any XSLT-REC-compliant processor should behave
> similarly. I just also tried Saxon 5.2, XT which work as well.

> Steve Muench, Lead XML Evangelist & Consulting Product Manager
> Business Components for Java Dev't Team, Oracle Corporation

Michael J. Hudson
Software/Framework Engineer
mhudson@blueprinttech.com

cell-phone: 703.932.6412