RE: problem specifying string parameter from the command line

For Xalan, the value passed is an expression, so use -param person "'Some
String'" to pass a simple string.

-scott

                    "Selva, Francis"
                    <Francis.Selva@purcha        To:     "'xsl-list@mulberrytech.com'" <xsl-list@mulberrytech.com>
                    sepro.com>                   cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                    Sent by:                     Subject:     RE: problem specifying string parameter from the command
                    owner-xsl-list@mulber        line
                    rytech.com

                    04/07/2000 04:40 PM
                    Please respond to
                    xsl-list

It's working with Saxon.I have never worked with xt and xalan.

saxon -o params.html params.xml params.xsl person="Bill Gates" gives me
Hello,Bill Gates

Francis