Re: process order (still...)

Michael Kay wrote:
> 2. The results of generate-id() from one implementation are totally
> unrelated to the results of generate-id() from any other implementation.

You're right, and I knew that, but temporarily forgot it. My example
originally had name() because I knew there would not be duplicate
attribute names on one element, but then I changed it to generate-id()
thinking, erroneously, that it would be less ambiguous. The point was just
to show that the nth attribute in a ./@* list could be at a different
context position in another implementation of the same list, which seem to
agree on.

> 3. The XSLT processor is free to do things in any order it likes so long as
> it gives the same results. If you instantiate the literal result element
> instantiated chronologically earlier than <d/>.

So when process order is mentioned in the XSLT spec, it means the order in
which nodes are added to the result tree? That's what I was assuming, but
David's comments at first seemed to say that source tree node order,
processing order, and result tree node order were completely unrelated
and therefore when the spec talks about processing order, it means... oh I
don't want to put words in David's mouth. But you see my point? It's not
entirely clear.

Sorry to go around and around on this but I am finding that no matter how
much I think I know about XSLT, there's always some obscure thing that you
either have to be James Clark, David Carlisle, Michael Kay, E. Rusty
Harold, or G. Ken Holman to know. :)

   - Mike